Need to know what to plant? When to plant? How to plant? Where to find great plants? We’ve got you covered & are here to help you be successful!
Learn the benefits of plants, whether for practical purposes or pretty ones. We make it fun to plot and plan your garden. Use our collection of resources and blogs to inspire, whether you’re a beginner or bonafide plant nerd. And, we’ve made it easier than ever to find plants at your local independent garden centers.
Together with you, we can ensure that Washington is planted. Every day and every season, we encourage you to be an active part of adding plants to your landscape, backyard, balcony, inside your home, work spaces and community gardens. Don’t just stand there… Plant Something WA!
What is GardenWashington?
GardenWashington is part of a national initiative to educate people about the benefits of plants and trees, inspiring them to plant more in an effort to improve our environment, health and communities. Washington State Nursery & Landscape Association (WSNLA) provides this in partnership with Plant-Something.org.
GardenWashington provides the following resources to help you:
- Find Washington independent garden centers, landscape services and supplies to serve your needs.
- Learn about the Perks of Plants, and how they contribute to the health of our environment, mind & bodies and communities.
- Get access to trusted resources like landscape best practices, research and events.
- Plant inspiration with blogs, social media and videos.
- Connect with horticulture careers and education through the WSNLA Career Center.
- GardenWashington is also published in a printed guide, and is available at home & garden events throughout the state. It features regional nursery maps, a directory of landscape services and supplies, and coupons to be used at nurseries throughout the State.
What is the Washington State Nursery & Landscape Association?
The Washington State Nursery & Landscape Association (WSNLA) is a non profit professional trade association proudly serving Washington’s Green Industry since 1937. Our membership is comprised of plant & tree growers, retail garden centers, landscape installation and maintenance contractors, landscape designers, educators & researchers, allied businesses and others who work together with the mission to protect, promote and serve our horticulture community.
Our most recent Economic Impact Study indicated the green industry contributes $—– billion and nearly XXXXX jobs to Washington’s economy each year. With such a significant impact and wide-spread reach, it is essential Washington nursery and landscape businesses operate with best practices to protect and serve our environment, economy and in the best interest of their employees and customers. WSNLA member businesses are setting the standard for this professionalism and are your trusted resource and partner.