Organization: T&L Nursery, Inc
Job Category: Wholesale Nursery
Job Type: Full-Time
Education Requirement: High School / GED
Experience Requirement: 1-2 years
Pay range: $22.00 hourly
Facility Maintenance Technician
T&L Nursery, Inc. is located 30 miles east of Seattle, in the Sammamish Valley, between Redmond and Woodinville. For over 30 years we have taken pride in producing the highest quality plant material for Garden Centers and landscapers in the Pacific Northwest. T&L grows approximately 4 million plants per year of over 2500 varieties on our 40-acre property, making us one of the largest and most diverse growers in the region. Despite these successes, we are still a small, privately-owned business with a focus on culture.
At T&L, our Facility Department is the center of keeping the nursery fully operational throughout the various seasons. This team oversees all seasonal and routine maintenance tasks for our Nursery Equipment, Growing Infrastructure and Offices. This team also helps with planning and expansion of growing facilities, implementing new systems to help production efficiency and conducting safety checks. Our facilities team also leads the nursery through preparing our facilities for winter and spring seasons.
The Facilities Technician is a full time member of the Facilities Team who helps plan for projects, coordinate material acquisition, performs a range of general maintenance tasks and assists with record keeping and compliance documentation.
Work within the Facilities team to accomplish the following:
• Maintain the integrity of our nursery structures and equipment by performing a range of general maintenance tasks, including painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, vehicle repair, etc • Plan and prepare preventative maintenance schedules
• Assist in planning for projects and material procurement
• Participates in the 24 hours on -call rotation within the Facilities Department.
• Accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable accurate record keeping and compliance
• Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience in facilities maintenance, construction, mechanical repairs or equivalent
• Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions throughout the year
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, routinely lifting 10lbs. or more.
• Good general knowledge of common computer applications.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred; working knowledge of English required.
• Candidates should be self-motivated and must be able to work well both independently and as a part of a team
• Paid Holidays
• Sick leave and paid time off
• Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
• Product Discounts
• Opportunity for growth
Salary: $22 – $25.00 per hour
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager
TYPICAL HOURS: Monday-Friday 7:30-4:00. Participates in Winter evening and weekend emergency call rotation. (Nov 1-Mar 1)
How to Apply
Send Resumes to:
Elizabeth Jimenez – Human Resources: email@example.com
Brad Hogan – Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org