Organization: Elemental Landscapes, Inc.
Job Category: Landscape Crew Member
Job Type: Full-Time
Education Requirement: High School / GED
Experience Requirement: 1-2 years
Pay range: $23.00 hourly
Elemental Landscapes, Inc. is looking for experienced Gardeners who are passionate about working in the green industry. We are a licensed & bonded General Contractor so in addition to providing eco-friendly Fine Gardening services we also provide Residential Design/Build services. We are a RainWise Contractor through Seattle Public Utilities so we also install Rain Gardens & Cisterns.
We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and our excellent customer service, so the ideal applicant will have earned their AA in Horticulture and will have *at least* 2 years experience working for a reputable landscaping company (references required). If these criteria can’t be met, we will train the right individual.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Work outdoors as part of a 2-4 person crew in varying weather conditions maintaining clients yards by deadheading their annuals & perennials, weeding beds, raking/blowing leaves, watering & fertilizing plants as needed, mulching beds and pruning trees & shrubs.
– Install new plants.
– Install drip irrigation systems.
– Install container gardens.
– Experience with outdoor construction is a plus (but not required).
– Meet all deadlines while maintaining high standards.
– Follow daily timekeeping & recordkeeping procedures.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
– Ability to identify common garden plants (including weeds).
– Knowledge of proper pruning & planting techniques.
– Ability to operate gas-powered line trimmers, chainsaws, leaf blowers and hedge trimmers.
– Must have a valid Driver s License & a relatively clean driving record.
– Must be able to pass a background check.
– Must be able to stand, bend, squat, kneel, and use a shovel for extended periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds.
BENEFITS & PERKS
– Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave
– 401k program with match after 6 months
– Regular employee appreciation events
– Education reimbursement & wage increase for obtaining the Certified Professional Horticulturist (CPH) certification through WSNLA
How to Apply
JOB APPLICATION PROCESS
Please send your resume with up-to-date references to email@example.com. Help us to recognize your value by providing as much information about your skill set, your career goals, your experience level, and your availability. Promising candidates will be contacted to set up a phone interview, followed by an in-person meeting where you will be quizzed on your ornamental plant ID skills and your pruning knowledge. Thank you for your interest!