Organization: Elemental Landscapes, Inc.
Job Category: Landscape Crew Member
Job Type: Full-Time
Education Requirement: High School / GED
Experience Requirement: 1-2 years
Pay range: $20.00 hourly
Elemental Landscapes, Inc. is looking for an experienced Gardener who is passionate about working in the green industry. We are a licensed & bonded General Contractor so in addition to providing eco-friendly Fine Gardening services we also provide Design/Build services for small/medium sized yard renovations. We are a RainWise Contractor through Seattle Public Utilities so we also install Rain Gardens & Cisterns.
We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and our excellent customer service, so the *ideal* applicant will have earned their AA in Horticulture and have 1-2 years experience working for a reputable landscaping company (references required).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work outdoors as a member of a 2-3 person crew in varying weather conditions maintaining residential clients’ yards by deadheading their annuals & perennials, weeding & raking beds, watering & fertilizing plants as needed, mulching beds and pruning trees & shrubs when it’s seasonally appropriate to do so.
- Install new plants, especially during the Fall & Spring planting seasons.
- Install drip irrigation systems.
- Experience with outdoor construction is a plus but not required.
- Meet all deadlines while maintaining high standards.
- Follow daily timekeeping & recordkeeping procedures.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to identify common garden plants (including weeds).
- Knowledge of proper pruning techniques.
- Knowledge of proper planting techniques.
- Ability to operate gas-powered line trimmers, chainsaws, leaf blowers and hedge trimmers.
- Must be at least 20 years old.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, a valid Driver’s License & a relatively clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to stand, bend, squat, kneel, and use a shovel for extended periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- After a 90-day probation period, we offer 1 week of paid personal leave/sick time per year and flexible unpaid leave time during the summer & winter (spring & fall are our busy times so we need all hands on deck).
- We offer paid opportunities to attend educational lectures & seminars throughout the year.
- We encourage our employees to obtain their Certified Professional Horticulturist certifications through the WA State Nursery & Landscape Association (WSNLA) and will reimburse employees for the associated costs once they pass. Wages will go up accordingly with achievement of the certification.
How to Apply
JOB APPLICATION PROCESS
Please send your Resume with up-to-date references included to email@example.com Promising candidates will be contacted to set up a phone interview, followed by an in-person meeting where you will be quizzed on your ornamental plant ID skills and your pruning knowledge.