Organization: Devonshire Landscapes
Job Category: Landscape Crew Lead
Job Type: Full-Time
Education Requirement: High School / GED
Experience Requirement: 3-5 years
Pay range: $26.00 hourly
Tired of long commutes and unpaid drive time and wish there was steady work close to where you live!? We work exclusively in the West Seattle/ Burien/ Normandy Park neighborhoods where all projects are no further than 15 min away from our shop and all our suppliers!
Do you want to help transform tired yards into wildlife habitats full of native plants that nourish the soil, prevent erosion and help enrich our clients lives?
Devonshire Landscapes is a mid-size full-service (Design/ Build/ Maintain) company looking for the right person to join us in creating award winning landscapes! We are Eco-Pro Certified and are active members of WALP and APLD. We have a talented in-house Designer providing well-thought-out construction plans (very rare!) We are a great group of people with positive attitudes and a teamwork environment.
We are looking for a Crew Lead with 2-5+ years’ experience looking to increase their skills/ responsibilities/ compensation and is proficient in some or all of the following skills:
– Soil Amending (Grading/ Planting/ Sod/ Seed) Installation + Mulching – Carpentry (Fences/ Decks/ Pergolas/ Timber Retaining Walls/ Stairs/ Raised Beds/ etc.) – Stone Work (Sand-set and Mortared Patios/ Stairs/ Walls + Rockery Walls and Stairs) – Concrete Block Retaining Walls/ Stairs/ Paver Installation (Regular/ Poly-sanded/ Pervious) – Drainage Projects (French Drains/ Drywells/ Rain Gardens) – Concrete (Framing/ Rebar/ Install/ Finish Work) – Irrigation/ Low Voltage Lighting/ Water Features (Installation and trouble-shooting)
Daily Duties to include:
– Help build landscape projects on time/ budget to a high degree of quality – Create Plan (Daily Log) by end of each work day – Communicate with Installation Manager on Project status – Answer basic client questions – Deliver materials to jobsites (hand-selected lumber/ misc.)
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Valid Driver’s License/ Comfortable with big trucks/ trailers/ Dingos/ trackhoes
- Fine Eye for Detail/ Ability to Problem Solve + Step back and see the Bigger Picture
- Bi-lingual in English/ Spanish and Appreciates Timely Communication
- $26-$30+/hr dependent on experience/ proficiency
- Expect 40-50 hours (1.5X/hr Overtime) a week year-round with flexible time off
- Quarterly Bonuses based on Install Division profits
- One Week Sick Time + One Week Vacation Time + Full Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- Company Phone
- Multiple Company BBQ’s and Activities (back to Go Karts/ Paintball/ Bowling soon!)
- Work Outside in the Fresh Air/ Learn something New Every Day/ Never Get Bored!