Job Category: Landscape Design
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience Requirement: 3-5 years
Molbak’s exists to inspire and teach people to create beautiful spaces that improve the quality of life and restore the health of our planet. Molbak’s is inspiring solutions for gardens and homes every day – from the ordinary to the extraordinary. We are the Seattle region’s largest retail garden center, offering the most comprehensive selection of plants, garden accessories and gifts in the area. We are growing our landscape design and installation division to help our customers discover and create beautiful spaces that are richly satisfying. Are you a leader that thrives on seamless execution and can inspire customers? You are entrepreneurial and detail oriented. You enjoy a high level of autonomy but look forward to the support a larger business can offer. If this sounds like you, then we are excited to talk more with you!
The Landscape Construction Manager facilitates the installation of projects on time and on budget, meeting the Molbaks standards of quality by supporting the teams responsible for installation. This job is about a balance of office and field time to facilitate workflow.
What we can offer you:
- A rewarding team environment that is passionate about sustainable landscape design.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Plant and merchandise discounts.
- Growth and learning opportunities.
- Be part of a mission that supports restoring the earth and connecting others to this goal.
- A commitment to a safe and healthy working environment, with adherence to safety.
What you will do:
- Support Foremen and PMs with alignment on project milestones, profit margins and commitment to quality.
- Manage, train, develop and grow the construction team to support business needs.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure efficient and safe operation.
- Proactively identify risks and resolve issues before they become problems.
- Support Design team in development of construction standards and accurate estimating.
- Manage equipment and fleet to maintain optimal function, utilization, and project profitability.
- Facilitate communication between clients, designers, and foremen.
- Other duties assigned by Manager.
What you will bring:
- Extensive knowledge of Landscape Design & Construction elements including but not limited to decks, pavers, retaining walls, patios, irrigation, low-voltage lighting, rockery, pergolas, and grading/drainage.
- Ability to read landscape plans and estimate with profitability.
- Local experience and vendor relationship skills strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing policies and procedures to improve workflow and performance.
- Strong organizational, scheduling and management skills — keeps commitments and shows consistent follow through.
- Strong leadership skills — collaborates with others for alignment and delegate with appropriate levels of clarity and outcomes.
- Superior problem-solving and decision-making skills — approaches tasks with enthusiasm and brings good common sense to work daily.
- Must be able to lift at least 25lbs throughout the day and occasionally up to 50lbs. When lifting heavy objects/items, it is expected that the associate will utilize the assistance of other teammates or tools such as hand trucks, pot lifters, and pallet jacks to lift items safely.
- Desired but not required: Horticulture knowledge, Autocad, Sustainability focus.
- At least 5+years of landscape construction experience.
- 5+ years customer sales, project management, business management and team leadership experience.
- Northwest horticultural experience or certification is desirable.
- Proficiency in Windows-based software including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Monday.com experience helpful.
- Desire to live the brand, support the culture, & maintain a high level of energy & enthusiasm.
Molbak’s offices are located at our location in Woodinville, WA, which includes a standard office environment as well as an indoor/outdoor retail environment. Some exposure to variations in weather and temperature can be expected. The ability to work sitting, standing, and walking for prolonged periods is required.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We are each 100% responsible
- We have the courage to create
- We are stewards for a better tomorrow
- We have a growth mindset
- We are a team
If these sound like you, we are excited to talk more with you!
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Molbak’s requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law. Molbak’s may revisit this policy as pandemic conditions and public health recommendations evolve over time. Candidates may inquire with Human Resources with questions or accommodation requests at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Molbak’s is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Molbak’s makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please apply at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=e47ddf27-4ad7-42ff-a6d2-8eaa3472779f&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US