Organization: Flower World
Job Category: Certified Professional Horticulturist
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience Requirement: 1-2 years
Pay range: $25.00 hourly
Licensed Pesticide Applicator and Fertilizer Technician needed at Flower World.
Starting at $25 (DOE)
Current Private Applicator License
Relevant experience in various industry related safety regulations.
Working knowledge of pesticides, fungicides, herbicides, growth regulators, and fertilizers.
2 years of practical spraying in a greenhouse setting.
Scouting, spraying, posting, and follow up.
Communication and Training of staff for safe application procedures.
Coordination of spraying schedules with production and retail teams.
Proper, timely, and accurate completion of required forms.
Tracking of pesticide inventories.
Maintaining fertilizer levels in irrigation systems.
Fertilization, Pesticides and Fungicides
Determines rates of fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides as required by the crops and/or directs the application of them. Must have the ability to calculate proper amounts, proportions, percentages, and volume in relation to the application of fertilizers, chemicals, and water.
- Conducts annual inventory of all Pesticides as required by law.
- Responsible for fertilizer and pesticide room management including cleanliness, organization, tank levels, and area security at all locations.
- Understanding of injector use, electrical conductivity, and pH meter.
- Staying current on knowledge of safe handling, application, and storage of fertilizers and pesticides. This includes ongoing education as license requires.
- Provides pesticide and safety training to all employees and maintains records as required by Federal and/or State regulations.